What is microblading?
Microblading, also known as microstroking, microblading, 3D eyebrows, feathered brows, or micropigmentation, is the most natural semi permanent technique for simulating real eyebrow hairs.
Pigment is applied with a specific PhiBrows tool that has a row of several fine needles to create thin, hair-like marks in the skin, and will be chosen according to natural hair/brow color and skin type. The pigment is manually bladed just below the epidermis and the most shallow part of the dermis, making extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction.
Microbladed brows are completed in two sessions, approximately 6-8 weeks apart depending on how quickly healing is achieved. At the initial appointment, we lay the foundational shape and then at the touch up appointment, we perfect any areas that require it. Healed results vary from person to person, and usually one yearly color boost, touch up, is enough to maintain beautiful brows.
PhiBrowAcademy was started by Branko Babic. This world-renowned Academy, based in Europe, is the world leader in Microblading education.
PhiBrows Microblading is a European technique of semi permanent drawing of eyebrows, with hyper-realistic results. The shape of the eyebrows is calculated only according to the morphology of the face, unique bone structure, and the golden mean (phi = 1.168) to achieve the perfect brows for each client individually.
A PhiBrows artist produces great work because they follow a very specific method that is taught to them through a rigorous 6 month training course. This course requires the artist to pass 11 levels of mastery to ensure that their methods and their work maintain a very high standard… the PhiBrows standard.
PhiBrows methods and tools have been meticulously designed and redesigned to continually aid their trained artists. These methods and tools allow for precise hair-strokes, perfect symmetry, and beautiful eyebrow shape that enhance the natural shape of a client’s face and bone structure.
PhiBrows products have been continually tested and reevaluated to produce the highest quality pigments. These pigments provide color that stays and elements that do not contain any heavy metals as found in other semi-permanent makeup pigments.
For these reasons, if you want great microblading results, it is highly recommended that you seek out a PhiBrows Artist. There is a difference between 2-6 months of training versus 2-6 days of training. Please do your research before entrusting your brows to just anyone!
Pre care is to be followed closely to ensure the best results possible. Results vary from person to person and cannot be guaranteed due to skin and health conditions. Some people are not candidates for microblading, please schedule a consultation appointment to determine if you are eligible for the procedure. Some restrictions are as follows:
• Keep the treated area free of any ingrown hairs, psoriasis, sunburns, blemishes, eczema, and other skin irritations.
• Do not use any anti-aging, anti-acne, lightening, brightening, etc. products for 30 days prior to your procedure.
• Do not exercise for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
• Do not tan or sunbathe for 30 days prior to your appointment.
• Do not consume alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to procedure.
• Do not wax, thread, or pluck your brows 1 week prior.
• Do not get a chemical peel, facial, or microdermabrasion for 30 days prior to procedure.
• Do not take any blood-thinning products for 48 hours, including: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, or Niacin
• Do not take Vitamin E or fish oil capsules for 1 week prior.
Post care is the most important part of the microblading process and is to be strictly followed to ensure best healing results. Your PhiBrows artist is not responsible for any complications or undesired healing as a result of bad or wrong aftercare. These aftercare instructions are specific to PhiBrows’ products and procedure, please follow them and not other instructions you may find elsewhere.
DAY 1: Please wash hands with antibacterial soap before you wash your eyebrows. Then gently wash your eyebrows EVERY HOUR very well with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water! Pat dry with a tissue than apply a very thin layer of the Skin Candy.
DAY 2-7: Gently wash eyebrows morning and night. Keep eyebrows lightly glossed with the Skin Candy for 3-5 times a day for the next 7 days. Do not over use ointment. It should last you for 7 days, only apply a very thin layer. Do not suffocate your eyebrows.
1. Do not use any Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, Peroxide, Neosporin while healing
2. Do not scrub or pick your eyebrows.
3. Do not expose area to sun or tanning beds! Must use hat if in the sun.
4. Avoid any facials, face massage, eyelash extensions, brow waxing, swimming, whirlpools or sauna for 7 days.
5. Do not exercise the first 3-5 days. No heavy sweating for 7-15 days!
6. Do not apply make-up on the eyebrows
7. Do not tint eyebrows for the next 10 days.
These are just the general instructions to follow. Your PhiBrows Artist will give you more specific aftercare instructions at your procedure appointment as needed.
- Consultation (required) $20
- Microblading or Powder Brows $400 (6-8 weeks touch up included)
- Microshading or Combo Brows $450 (6-8 weeks touch up included)
- 3 months to 1 year touch up $150+
- 1 year to 2 years touch up $250+
- More than 2 years touch up $350+
A non-refundable deposit is needed for each appointment. Touch up pricing may vary depending on work needed to be done on brows and if aftercare was followed correctly. If your microblading procedure was done elsewhere, touch up may be the same cost as a new procedure or cannot be performed due to difficulty of correcting other’s work or scar tissue.
For before and after pictures of our work please visit our Facebook and Instagram microblading pages: PhiBrows by TuMy (Facebook), @phibrowsbytumy (Instagram)
Please call to schedule your consultation appointment in order to set up microblading procedure appointment. We look forward to your new brows!